In today’s market, nearly every business can benefit from having a digital presence and a social media campaign. But there are some companies that consistently use the reach of digital media in very effective ways. Some companies have discovered that producing content for the internet creates a significant return on investment. Especially companies whose product or service is more nuanced or complicated than others. For example, sporting goods companies can outfit celebrities in their gear and have their logos go out on national broadcasts and get great exposure. This isn’t so easy when you are a law firm or a dentist. But blogging and social media provides opportunities to get specific and show arguments and evidence of their benefits. Here are some industries that benefit the most from digital marketing.
- Lawyers: Lawyers and law firms used to rely heavily on referrals because the nature of their business is not well suited to advertising. But with the advent of the internet, lawyers have learned how to present their case, so to speak, to a large audience. Lawyers are obviously skilled at making arguments, with blog sites and well-crafted digital media from SEO company experts, They have found a great platform to work from.
- Doctors: The medical industry suffers from some of the same issues as the law field. The things they do aren’t suited for TV or newspaper advertising. But some of the things they do are very interesting and on the right format the health industry has found many ways, including podcasts to educate the public to procedures and services.
- Food Industry: The food industry has made good use of traditional advertising for a very long time, but this did not stop them from discovering the benefits of the digital market, to further their message and do their best to stay ahead of the competition. There have been some entertaining exchanges between fast food giants on Twitter in the last couple of years.
- Health and Wellness: The health and wellness industry has done a very good job of reinventing themselves on the internet and they have created a huge industry. Google searches on health and wellness generate massive amounts of hits and the annual global market share is now 4.75 trillion. People are obviously very concerned about their health these days. Video blogging, and Facebook profiles have proved to be very popular in promoting wellness and health related products.
- Real Estate: Real estate agents probably wonder how they ever did business before the days of the internet. These days everyone uses the web when looking for property. The convenience, compared to driving around and talking with owners, is night and day. If there wasn’t an internet, real estate agents probably would make one. Because it is so suited to the business.
Nearly any business can benefit from having at the least an online presence and an informational page, not every business can depend on it exclusively though. There are some products that must be seen or tested, and some services are so traditional, they exist only by word of mouth, But for everyone else. The digital marketplace is everything.