You may already know a few people that make a living selling products online, we probably all do if the truth be known and if you are thinking of joining them, there is much to consider. Aside from choosing a product range, which is the most critical choice of all, there is the matter of digital marketing, something you simply can’t do without.
Here is our guide to setting up an e-commerce business.
- Choosing Products – Needless to say, a lot of market research is required in order to be sure that the products are; a) in high demand and b) competitively priced. One has to be very objective when looking at potential products to showcase on your shopping platform; there should be no personal bias involved and you need to thoroughly investigate all of the competition. For a great example of a perfect product, check out the amazing freeze-dried wholesale fruit juice powder at JoozeJuice, which is healthy and very affordable when compared to fresh fruit juice. In a world full of synthetic flavourings and e-numbers, it is refreshing to see a powder form juice that only requires cold water and a quick stir!
- Branding – Unless you are planning to sell someone else’s product, you need to create a brand and this is best achieved with professional help. Create a concept and the branding experts will shape your image, with a catchy name, logo and a nice colour combination; branding is something you need to get right first time out. The art director would present a portfolio of concepts for you to consider and with some dialogue, the right package will emerge. Fitness is a booming sector and despite the pandemic, gyms are offering virtual sessions to survive until we the back to normal.
- Digital Marketing – There’s simply no way around this one; if you want to make your mark in the digital arena, you need the help of a dynamic SEO agency, especially for tasks like “it services bristol“. With a one-stop solution, you can have your e-commerce platform designed and constructed by expert web designers. Fast, responsive pages are a must, with high resolution product images and professional sales copy – your website is very much your shop window and should be viewed as such.
- Cyber-Security – Customers are not going to give their financial data unless your site is secure, (denoted by the ‘https’ in your URL) and this is something your webmaster can arrange.
- Logistics – Initially, you might manage packing orders in your garage, but with significant investment in SEO services, you should anticipate increasing sales. That’s when third-party logistics, or 3PL, become crucial. This booming sector powers the e-commerce industry. By using their services, you wouldn’t even have to handle your products. Simply deliver your inventory and packaging to their warehouse, ideally equipped with efficient warehouse racking for seamless storage and access. Forward all orders via email and let them take care of the rest.
Sectors to consider include health & well-being, eco-friendly products and natural ingredients, if a food, drink or health product. Start by putting together a comprehensive business plan and base your efforts around this, and as you progress, your concept will become clearer; invest in digital marketing and make sure your order fulfilment is covered and you should enjoy a degree of success.